Sunday 22 July 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

As a kid, my dad made chocolate chip cookies with my brother, sister and I after dinner. It was probably my first memory of being in the kitchen. My mom would let us have the cookies right after the first batch would be made. Unfortunately, it all came to an end when my brother and sister went into the higher grades in their education. I didn't mind. I would make them with my sister on occasion as I was still to young to use the oven by myself.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (Optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
  3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment