Tuesday 24 July 2012

Shamerock Protein Shake

I found this recipe on pinterest and it looks SOOOO good. I think I should try it some time over the summer for my family. Any objections? Not coming from me! Here's what you need:
 1/2 low fat Cottage Cheese
1/4 cup Vanilla or Plain protein powder
1/8 teaspoon Mint Extract (Sometimes it's called Peppermint Extract. If your  grocery store doesn't have Mint, than go with the peppermint.)
2-3 packets of sweetener
5-10 ice cubes
4 oz water
2-3 drops of green food colouring or a handful of spinach to make it green (You won't taste the spinach. It gives it some more protein)
1-2 tablespoons Sugar Free Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix
Pinch Guar or xanthan gum

Directions:
Put all the base ingredients in the blender, and blend away until desired consistency! Swirl in one drop of green food coloring just before serving, and top with whipped cream if desired!

No comments:

Post a Comment