Friday 20 July 2012

Mint Chocolate Cookies

This is one of my favorite cookie recipes. I found it online weeks ago online while my parents were away on vacation and I made a batch for my brother, sister, and I. The batch went in about a week. Unfortunately I couldn't find the mint chocolate chips that it called for so I decided to use butterscotch chips. It tasted really good none-the-less. I made a batch when my parents came home with butterscotch chips again. A few days later, my mom came home with mint chocolate chips. And where did she get them? Walmart. Any who. Here's the recipe for the mint chocolate cookies:

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening*
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups mint chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Combine brown sugar, shortening, water, vanilla and peppermint extracts in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix well.
  3. Combine flour, salt, cocoa and baking soda in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in mint chocolate chips.
  4. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
  5. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment